Imagine you have been invited to an active weekend adventure:
hiking along beautiful mountain trails,
sailing on a crystal clear lake,
exploring an historic city on foot,
canoeing along a lazy river,
biking through rustic landscapes.
Imagine that the only goal of the adventure is to have fun!
Nobody cares if you are an semi-pro expert or a baby beginner.
It doesn’t matter if you are fast or slow.
It doesn’t matter if you have special “adventure clothes”.
Your weekend is all about trying something new or doing something you love.
Imagine that no matter your size or shape or level of fitness,
you enjoy the challenges and surprises of this adventure.
Even if you are the oldest, slowest or largest person in the group,
you have an amazing time!
You decide not to go until you lose some weight.
- You miss a spectacular sunset because you don’t like the way you look in hiking shorts.
- You decline to go scuba diving because you think your belly is too fat.
- You are too embarrassed to try _________ because __________.
There are a zillion and a half excuses to avoid leading an adventurous life.
I have used up quite a few of them myself!
But missing out on joyful, fun activities until “after the diet”
is one of the dumbest, saddest excuses ever.
The Principles of Health At Every Size®
encourage enjoyable, life-enhancing physical activity!
- Accepting and respecting the diversity of body shapes and sizes
- Recognizing that health and well-being are multi-dimensional and that they include physical, social, spiritual, occupational, emotional, and intellectual aspects
- Promoting all aspects of health and well-being for people of all sizes
- Promoting eating in a manner which balances individual nutritional needs, hunger, satiety, appetite, and pleasure
- Promoting individually appropriate, enjoyable, life-enhancing physical activity,
rather than exercise that is focused on a goal of weight loss
Women of all sizes deserve great big adventures!
What is your next adventure?